Today I am switching supplysideliberal.com from Tumblr to Squarespace. The change should be mostly invisible to readers except for cosmetic differences. In particular, links to older posts should mostly still work.
My main reasons for the shift are:
- Squarespace should work better on mobile devices.
- Squarespace seems a more solid company for the future than Tumblr.
- I will be able to get better analytics on Squarespace.
- Squarespace has better functionality.
- Moving to Squarespace will restore the ability of readers to post comments—a capability that was broken using Disqus with Tumblr about 8 months ago.
Thanks to my daughter Diana for helping enormously with the migration.