Here is a link to my 1st appearance on VoxEU: “Happiness and satisfaction are not everything: Toward wellbeing indices based on stated preference,” coauthored with Dan Benjamin, Samantha Cunningham, Ori Heffetz and Nichole Szembrot.
You can see more on these issues on my Happiness sub-blog, and especially these posts:
- Judging the Nations: Wealth and Happiness Are Not Enough
- Ori Heffetz: Quantifying Happiness
- Justin Wolfers, Matthew Adler and Ori Heffetz: Round Table on Happiness (podcast)
- My Experiences with Gary Becker
- Does Ben Bernanke Want to Replace GDP with a Happiness Index?
- Al Roth’s Nobel Prize is in Economics, but Doctors Can Thank Him, Too
- Edward Glaeser, Joshua Gottlieb and Oren Ziv: Maximizing Happiness Does Not Maximize Welfare